One of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 44.6 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates.
- Built and led a diverse, high-performing team of engineers, enterprise architects and outside consultants. Responsible for aligning technology strategy with business strategy, simplifying the technology portfolio, and providing leadership and support for the evaluation, selection and stewardship of technology products and services.
- Member of the leadership team responsible for developing and maturing a best-in-class Enterprise Architecture practice and project governance process.
- Developed and delivered business-driven technology blueprints and roadmaps for nearly 20 technology categories (e.g., Business Intelligence, Information Management and Collaboration). Rationalized the technology portfolio resulting in a reduction of more than 20% over 5 years.
- Developed and implemented methodologies and best practices for evaluation, selection, governance, and lifecycle management of business and IT-focused technology products and services.
- Partnered with internal and affiliate business and IT stakeholders on technology strategy and emerging technologies to support business-unit objectives. Contributed to and influenced the corporate 3-year strategic planning process, specifically regarding emerging technology trends.
- Developed and managed strategic technology vendor partnerships with Microsoft, IBM, HP and others to ensure that the company’s technology product and support needs are met and provide input to vendor product roadmaps.
- Established and managed two state-of-the-art technology labs, including design, installation, planning, maintenance/expansion and coordination of testing for proofs-of-concept and product/technology evaluations.